Early this coming week we will be traveling down to New York City to complete paperwork which will hopefully lead to the possibility of obtaining Peruvian passports for the kids as well as opening the door for my (Lisa) permanent residence in Peru. We had attempted this a year ago and ran into a snag but we feel that we should go to apply in person and give it another go versus waiting until we arrive in Peru. The advantage to entering Peru with Peruvian documents means that we will not be required to leave the country at a maximum of six months to renew our visas. Please pray for favor that the proper paperwork will be granted to us before we leave for Peru.
We know that the burning question these days is "do you have a date to leave," and the answer is still no. We do however have a peace that the Lord is in complete control and will open up that door in His timing. Our house is still for sale, now nearing almost the half-way point of our contract with the realtor. Please pray for discernment for us if in the event that it does not sell, how we would be directed of the Lord. In the mean time we continue to live in preparation.