Monday, November 24, 2008

The journey ahead

...that God may grant unto us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: allowing the eyes of our understanding to be enlightened; that we would know what is the hope of His calling.
Ephesians 1:17-18
(translation my own)
Having been here now for close to three months, ten and a half weeks to be exact, we are seeking the Lord a bit more earnestly to reveal to us His will for us here in Peru. Although we are quite sure He will not lay out a complete road map we are asking Him to confirm to us what we are to do after these first six months have expired. We have spent the first couple of months trying to adjust and become accustomed to a new way of life. Thanks be to Him we have adapted well to the culture and enjoy living among the Peruvians here. Trying to develop a routine and sticking to it has been a bit of a challenge as of late with all of the bumps we are encountering in the road. The Lord was gracious to us in allowing for such a smooth transition but we feel that the tests and trials have now begun. Every time we get used to something, it changes and so we must adjust as well. It is really a time for us to learn how to live in the missions field and drive on through the bumpy roads. We are excited to explore all of what lies ahead, whatever that may be. I know this is a short post lacking photos but it is a very time consuming task to prepare the posts with photos and I would like to keep you all better informed. I would also like to share about our time away this past week but my duties are calling... a sick baby boy. Please keep Josiah in your prayers as he seems to be sick again (he slept from 4 PM last night until this morning and is running a slight fever). We miss all of you back home and would love to know you are reading along with us so leave us comments or just say hello!! I was planning to list a few more prayer requests but I'll do that later ,I suppose when time permits. In the mean time just pray that the Lord would guide us with His hand and that we would walk the path He desires for us.
I have uploaded all of our pictures from this trip to Villa Natalia and Chaclacayo to my Facebook account if you want to check them out, I know it will be awhile before I can get them all on here.

No comments: